Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Records.

Recently I read through my livejournal. I started it I think back in 2004... I update it now and then but mostly with about 5 words or less. I'm so happy I kept that journal. I got my first diary when I was 8 and continued to write almost everyday until I was in highschool. Then my best friend told me about livejournal. So I started journaling in there. SO HAPPY I DID! Reading back on things that happened, especially in college was wonderful. I remembered so many people who had blessed my life and made a difference. I loved that if I got a special card or message I'd write it in my livejournal.

It was also a lot of fun going back and reading about how things progressed with Leif:) I'm a bit embarrassed by myself but at the same time I love seeing how I changed from year to year. Even month to month.

I wish I was as consistent with journaling as I had been then. Maybe Ill get better?

4 comments:

k_ANNE said...

i am the same way! i have so many journals that are so progessive and so changing and quite embarrassing too! haha its very encouraging to hear that you started journaling at such a young age as well! (i used to write squiggly lines in diaries before i could make real letters). as a commitment for 2010 lets become better journalers! i love reading your blogs this one was very enouraging as well <3

Kristal said...

I love that the internet has a record of my growth and experiences. I was just re-reading my travel blog from my semester abroad. I'm glad I wrote stuff down because looking back at it now, it's all a blur and flew by too fast.

Taylor Stoddard said...

I've always had a diary or journal growing up too.. I also used to have a livejournal account. I used to write in it back in high school. Now I don't even know where on the internet it is. Maybe I'll look for it today...

Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way!

Seattle Kim D said...

I know what you mean, it is really cool to look back at what you've written so long ago. I'm bummed as I deleted mine, but luckily I had the sense to save some of my entries, crazy how things that were once so important are so trivial in retrospect.