Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

I am Fasting.

I enjoy fasting. It always brings me closer to God and makes my walk with Him so much better.

I do it whenever something begins to take the place of God in my life. When things become idols. I remember when I had to fast from music because it consumed my life the way God was suppose to. Then tv. Then movies. Now my computer and the internet. I've never really fasted from the internet... I've felt like I should for awhile now but I keep finding reasons not to.

I have decided that I need to just do it. I used to live without the internet so why can't I now? It has become an addiction and I don't like that. Its hindering me from pursuing God the way I want to. He has been doing so much in my life that I will share about when I'm done fasting.

I'm not giving myself a time limit. I'm going to do this for however long I need to. God is doing so much in me right now and I'm so willing to do whatever He wants me to do.

I am excited to go back to a simpler way of living. Someone made a comment to me about how that's what I'm all about: doing things in a simple way and keeping things simple. I find the most beauty in the simple parts of life. I'm so excited and ready to learn. This will also force me to call people and write letter. Yes!

Keep me in your prayers please:) God is so good. My fast starts tomorrow!

2 comments:

Gerri said...

I'm praying that you find peace and simplicity in ALL that you do. ;)

T.Allen said...

My thoughts are with you, may you find the clarity and closeness you so desire.